TuneClone M4P Converter Software
Convert any music format to unprotected MP3 via virtual CD burning
How to Transfer iTunes M4P to BlackBerry Storm
"With a unique touch screen and cutting-edge multimedia capabilities, the BlackBerry Storm smartphone makes a great impression as you travel across town or to almost any corner of the world."
One of the great new features I am starting to enjoy on my BlackBerry Storm is the ability for it to play multimedia files and specifically audio (music).
First let's take a look at the video and audio formats supported by BlackBerry Storm:
Video format support: MPEG4 H.263, MPEG4 Part 2 Simple Profile, H.264, WMA
Audio format support: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, WMA ProPlus
Basically, when you buy music from iTunes, it comes with a copyright protection. These songs are locked so that they only work with Apple MP3 players. That means that if you have a BlackBerry Storm, you cannot use iTunes music.
So, what is the solution? You have to burn a CD. After you burn the CD, you can rip it to your PC as an MP3 file.
Alternatively, you can use TuneClone. TuneClone makes a virtual CD-ROM drive, tricking your PC into believing that you are burning a CD.
Here is a link to a tutorial using TuneClone and iTunes 8:
After you get the output MP3 files, you can now begin to transfer them to your BlackBerry Storm:
1. Connect your BlackBerry to you computer via the USB cable.
2. If you have properly enabled your Blackberry as a Mass Storage Device, your Blackberry's microSD card will show as a removable drive on your computer.
3. Double click on the Blackberry folder.
4. Double click on the music folder.
5. Copy your music files to your BlackBerry.
6. Disconnect your Blackberry from the USB cable and go to the "Multimedia" icon on you Blackberry. You need to disconnect when you use the Mass Storage device method as it disables direct access from the BlackBerry when connected to the PC via the USB cable.
7. Click on the Music icon.
8. Click on the Media Card folder.
9. Select your Music folder.
10. Select your Song.
11. Play and enjoy.
- TuneClone Audio Converter for Windows V2.20 was released on Feb 24, 2012!
- TuneClone Audio Converter for Mac V2.3.0 was released on Jan 15, 2011!
- TuneClone V2.12 was released on Oct 19, 2011! Many bugs about ID3 tags were fixed in new version.
"I've been waiting a long time to 'free my iTunes' to use on my Walkman mobile phone, and the only way I could do it before was to burn to CD then rip back again. A very lengthy process, which normally ended up full of faults and a lot of wasted disks!! Not any more!!" -- David